Subtitling and Dubbing
Subtitling consists of translating and adapting audiovisual content. The limits in space, time and reading speed require the specific adaptation of a translation.
Adaptation of the translation is broken down into several stages:
- Detection: detecting the dialogue transcript from the soundtrack for translation
- Spotting: identifying the entrance and exit times of each dialogue camera shots and the soundtrack
- Transcoding: adapting the translated subtitles depending on dialogues and detected time codes during the spotting stage
- Simulation: checking the subtitles can be read in a natural way, together with the soundtrack and synchronization of shots
- Correction of texts and readjustment of texts.
Word Class completes all of these tasks for you using different technical subtitling platforms, adapted to both European and Asian languages. These platforms are designed to inlay subtitles in all audio formats (MP3, WAV, WMA …) and for all standards, particularly for use on the web. Special attention is given to the quality of the translation but also the reader’s viewing comfort.
Word Class offers an experienced team of translators and specialized vocal talents for commentary and voice-over assignments. Artists are chosen by high-quality artistic directors who oversee the casting and management of the actors in the studio. We let you choose your preferred voice among several male/female vocal samples in all languages. Our recording studios and editing suites located across the globe provide access to a whole host of voice artists in a range of target languages. Recordings are made in the best possible technical conditions and are supervised by a sound engineer.